Friday, September 16, 2011

Rose Cordero


Height 5.10


Bust 31.5

Waist 23

Hips 33

Eyes :Hazel 

Hair: black 

At only 16 year old , Rose Cordero is the new face rocking Haute Couture Runways and magazines .She walked for Burberry , MaxMara, Francesco Scognamiglio, Jason Wu , Cynthia Rowley, Rodarte, Marc Jacobs, Zac Posen, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Louis Vuitton shows in New York and Paris. In june 2009, Rose appeared in editorials for Teen Vogue and W and was featured few months later in the Italian Vogue editorial .

The “Black Rose” - as she is called to differentiate her from another model with the same name from her mother agency- was born in 1992 in  the Dominican Republic daughter of a maid mother and sanitation technician father. Rose Cordero signed with Wilhelmina at age 15 in 2008 then left the agency earlier this year for Supreme Management in New York and Women Management in Milan.

How did this Teen whose dream was becoming a Volley-ball star end up into fashion’s highest sphere? 

It all begun with her discovery in the Dominican Republic in 2008 ; let Rose tell us about this event that changed her life : "I was playing Volleyball at the Olympic Center this one time when this man came out of his car and approached me, I got so scared that I ran away thinking that he was a robber or a crazy man. He insisted that he wanted to talk to me because I had potential to become a model and I told him that I wasn’t interested. He insisted in giving me his business card and told me to tell my family to call him because I was only 13 years old at the time."

This man Rose is talking about is Sandro Guzman founder of Ossygeno Model Management and the scout with the most Dominican models signed in the International market. She didn’t decide to call him until a year later when her aunt saw him on a television show and asked her if this was the guy that once asked her if she wanted to be a model.
Despite Rose was so excited about all that modeling stuff coming all of a sudden , she was just a 15 year old and it was definitely not funny at all saying goodbye to her family and just starting living by herself :"It was very hard; I didn’t want to leave them – her family- but I told myself “ this could be a great future for my family and I, if god wants it to be”. I had second thoughts about modeling, but look how I was discovered I think god had this saved for me. When I got to New York it was very very cold, once we stepped out of the airport I told Sandro “ you better take me home” two days after I had a photoshoot with Teen Vogue and I loved it and made me totally forget about the cold."


Rose debuted her first runway show at the fall Burberry show in Milan : " I was very nervous, sweating and I told myself “ oh my god! What am I doing here? My booker was trying to calm me down; once it was time for me to come out into the runway I told myself “look Rose this is your family’s future, and if all these girls can do it so can you”.

Rose In Catwalk
Few seconds later, Rose did it , and brilliantly , confirming Sandro Guzman ‘s intuition . Despite her growing success and undisputable talent , Rose is still quite surprised by the fascination she raises : "Its like !wow! this people see something in me that people didn’t see around my neighborhood. I was teased a lot for being very skinny, they called me skeleton or flamingo all kinds of things. My self-esteem was very low and now this people appraise me for my looks."



Shes only 16 and Waw , she looks SO  MATURE and shes got these strong  features that cant go unnoticed : just look at these franck forehead  , killer eyes , delicate lips , ... cute hair -wanna squeeze it !- shes F-I-E-R-C-E ! Also Something I noticed about Rose is how great she looks on polaroids , its amazing ! Polas dont lie cause theres very few make up , accessories and all dat stuff , so I just cant figure how the girl manages to rock em that way  - Im gonna publish  few mome later -  Rose is definitely gonna be HUGE !
Sources : TFS I www.style.com I nymag.com I www.models.com I theimagist.com I EstiloMag Shameer Khan I e cold."

No comments:

Post a Comment